Legendary Real Madrid left-back Roberto Carlos has become a father for the ninth time after his wife, Mariana Lucón, gave birth to a baby girl this weekend.
Takes to social media to announce the news
The former footballer announced the news on Saturday in an Instagram post in which the couple's first daughter, Manuela, can be seen cradling new arrival Marina.
Carlos, who now works as a pundit for Real's in-house TV channel alongside roles as a club ambassador and youth coach, also published a photo of himself and Mariana introducing Marina to the world outside Madrid's Hospital Ruber Internacional.
"I'd like to express my gratitude to Doctor Vidal and all his assistants [...] for all the care and attention shown to my family, many thanks from the bottom of my heart," wrote the 44-year-old underneath the image.
Seven further children from previous relationships
The World Cup-winning ex-Brazil star, who played for Real from 1996 to 2007, already has three children from his first marriage, and four sons from later relationships.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?