Manchester United officially announce Romelu Lukaku as their lastest transfer
The Belgian striker signs with Jose Mourinho's side for the next five years with an option for a sixth as he plans to join United's squad for preseason training in LA.
Manchester United have officially announced Romelu Lukaku as their latest signing. The Belgian signs on the dotted line for the Red Devils next five years with an option for a sixth year.
United, who were rumoured to be close to a deal for Alvaro Morata, ended up signing the former Everton and Chelsea striker in a deal that was believed to be worth €80 million. He will soon join the team in LA for preseason training.
Manchester United have completed the signing of Romelu Lukaku from Everton!— B/R Football (@brfootball) 10 July 2017
He signs a five-year contract with an option to extend. pic.twitter.com/DZghuajFD2
On the official website, Lukaku said: "I would like to start by thanking Everton and the fans for the last four wonderful seasons, I have made some special friends and we have shared some amazing moments. However, when Manchester United and Jose Mourinho come knocking at the door it is an opportunity of a lifetime and one that I could not turn down. You could see the fight, determination and the spirit in this team during the Europa League final and I want to become a part of that. I cannot wait to run out at Old Trafford in front of 75,000 fans but before that pre-season is where the hard work starts and I am looking forward to that first training session."
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play