The draw for the 2017/18 LaLiga fixtures took place in Las Rozas, Madrid, on Friday. As ever, all eyes were peeled for when Barcelona and Real Madrid will clash.
When is Real Madrid v Barcelona?
Real Madrid host Barcelona at the Bernabéu on Matchday 17, which is a round of midweek fixtures around Wednesday 20 December 2017.
Real Madrid are competing in the Club World Cup in Abu Dhabi earlier in December, with the final of that competition on 16 December. It's therefore likely that the first LaLiga Clásico of the 2017/18 season will be scheduled for Thursday 21 December.
When is Barcelona v Real Madrid?
The return Clásico, with Barcelona hosting Real Madrid will be at Camp Nou on Matchday 36, the weekend of 6 May 2018.
Real Madrid reigning champions
Madrid swept to the 2016/17 league title, their first since 2012. Zinedine Zidane delivered that long-awaited success while rotating a squad burgeoning with talent; during the run-in, Madrid's 'Plan B' were deployed for away matches. Los Blancos' ability to win the title while integrating fringe players is an ominous warning to Barcelona of the depth they possess.
With former-Athletic Bilbao coach Ernesto Valverde at the helm, Barcelona will be looking to bounce back after a season in which they were not at their insatiable best, despite winning the Copa del Rey.
See full details of all the big derby matches in the 2017/18 LaLiga season.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2