Conte: Diego Costa case is "closed"
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte spoke about his wantaway striker from China, where The Blues are doing a pre-season tour.
Antonio Conte has spoken firmly about want-away-striker Diego Costa from Chelsea’s pre-season training camp in China. There is no way back for Costa at Stamford Bridge.
Chelsea boss: 'the case is closed'
"I don't to like to talk about players that don't stay here, for me the situation is closed,” said Conte from China.
"In January, the Costa situation was very clear for the club, for him and his agent.”
Conte and Costa relationship breakdown
Even before the Italian coach spoke to the press, it appeared almost certain that Costa would return to Atlético Madrid, the club from which he joined Chelsea in 2014. In June, Conte sent a text message to Costa saying ‘you are not in my plan’. In July, Costa was photographed on holiday in the red-and-white-striped shirt of Atlético.
With terms agreed to sign Álvaro Morata as Costa’s replacement, now all that remains is for Chelsea and Atlético to conclude a deal.
It is a case of when, rather than if, Diego Costa will reunite with El Cholo Simeone in the Spanish capital.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS Gonzalo Higuaín returned to the MLS Team of the Week
- LALIGA SANTANDER Coutinho reaches 100, but Barcelona won't pay Liverpool variable
- SOCCER | BARCELONA Koeman: Clasico Barcelona fans incident reflects "social issues"
- NBA | BULLS Bulls 'want to win now' after following in Michael Jordan's footsteps with 4-0 start
- MLB When was the last time the Astros and Braves won the World Series?
- WORLD SERIES Who are the MLB World Series winners by year?