Three days after touching down on American soil, the much-anticipated meeting between Neymar and Josep María Bartomeu, the president of Barcelona, took place in New Jersey.
Neymar and Bartomeu meet in Red Bull Arena
Reliable AS sources inform that the meeting took place on Friday following an open training session at the Red Bull Arena. The pair met in a room close to the Barcelona dressing room, and were in discussion for about 15 minutes.
According to the same source, neither Bartomeu nor Neymar left the meeting with a smile on their face. In fact, Bartomeu barely stopped to say hello to anyone on his way out.
It is understood that Neymar told the Barça president of his intention to leave the club, and Bartomeu asked for a little more time to salvage the situation. The French media report that Neymar has already told his team-mates that he is set to join PSG.
Bartomeu to return ahead of Clásico
Bartomeu was due to return to Barcelona on Friday, but will delay his journey until after the pre-season friendly between Juventus and Barça on Saturday. He will then return on July 27, two days ahead of the Clásico that will take place in Miami on July 29.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history