Three days after touching down on American soil, the much-anticipated meeting between Neymar and Josep María Bartomeu, the president of Barcelona, took place in New Jersey.
Neymar and Bartomeu meet in Red Bull Arena
Reliable AS sources inform that the meeting took place on Friday following an open training session at the Red Bull Arena. The pair met in a room close to the Barcelona dressing room, and were in discussion for about 15 minutes.
According to the same source, neither Bartomeu nor Neymar left the meeting with a smile on their face. In fact, Bartomeu barely stopped to say hello to anyone on his way out.
It is understood that Neymar told the Barça president of his intention to leave the club, and Bartomeu asked for a little more time to salvage the situation. The French media report that Neymar has already told his team-mates that he is set to join PSG.
Bartomeu to return ahead of Clásico
Bartomeu was due to return to Barcelona on Friday, but will delay his journey until after the pre-season friendly between Juventus and Barça on Saturday. He will then return on July 27, two days ahead of the Clásico that will take place in Miami on July 29.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan