Atlético alert as Emery confirms Krychowiak will leave PSG
Unai Emery said that the Polish midfielder has not adapted to the style of play, and will leave this summer. He has not travelled to the USA with the PSG squad.
Unai Emery has confirmed that Grzgorz Krychowiak will leave PSG this summer.
Emery: the best option is that Krychowiak leaves
Emery, the PSG coach, stated that “I have already spoken with him [Krychowiak]. The best option is that he leaves, he hasn’t adapted to the team.”
The Polish international joined PSG from Sevilla, along with Emery, last summer. He was a key figure for the Andalusian club, but did not feature in Emery’s plans after they moved to France.
“He is a quality player who is able to play in a great team,” Emery continued, “It’s better that he finds another team where the style of play suits him better.”
Atlético ears perk up
Atlético Madrid have previously shown an interest in the player, and Emery’s comments could provoke Los Rojiblancos in to action, although they would not be able to sign the player until January. Inter Milan and Galatasaray are also interested.
Krychowiak joined PSG for €34m. Despite being a key part of the Polish national team, he featured just 19 times for the Parisian club, with 8 of those appearances as a substitute. It was a different experience to his time at Sevilla, where he was an integral part of the team that triumphed in the Europa League.
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team