MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID
Zidane suffers his worst loss as manager of Real Madrid
In two games in the International Champions Cup, Zinedine Zidane's Real Madrid have been beaten twice with a draw against Manchester United in regular time followed by a loss on penalties in their first game and last night's 4-1 defeat to Manchester City.
On Wednesday night, Zidane suffered his worst loss during his time on the Real Madrid bench but the reality is that his numbers remain immaculate. In 87 official games, Zidane has lost just seven games all by the minimum bar a 0-2 loss to Wolfsburg two years ago in the Champions League. They also lost to Atletico Madrid (0-1), Sevilla (2-1), Celta (1-2) Valencia (2-1), Barcelona (2-3) and Atletico (2-1).
In friendlies, they lost 1-3 to PSG and now 4-1 to Pep Guardiola's Manchester City in Los Angeles. During his time with Real Madrid Castilla, he coached in 42 games and lost 12 games. The worst loss during that spell came when they were beaten 0-3 by Amorebieta in the Alfredo di Stefano Stadium.
Zidane vs Guardiola
It was the first time the two managers faced each other as managers. As players, however, they played each other three times (twice with their national teams and once with their clubs). Zidane won twice and drew another one in those encounters. Guardiola exated some slight revenge after what he referred to as "the worst game as a coach" when his Bayern Munich side were beaten 0-4 by Real Madrid but Carlo Ancelotti was at the helm for that loss.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play