Nadal: "I'm not thinking about number one but if it comes, great"
The current number two is preparing to return to action at the Montreal Masters, where he will return to the summit of the ATP ranking if he winsRyder Cup 2018 final day: Europe vs USA, Sunday singles
Rafa Nadal is currently training at home in Mallorca before setting out for the North American hard court season and the US Open Series, leading up to the final Grand Slam of the year at Flushing Meadows on August 28. The world number two is scheduled to play at the Montreal Masters (August 7-13) and Cincinnati (August 13-20) before the US Open and if he lifts the trophy at the Rogers Cup in Canada the 2005, 2008 and 2013 champion will return to the top of the ATP ranking for the first time three years after his last spell as world number one.
Nadal: "It's difficult to keep up the level Roger and me have had"
“It’s not something I’m thinking about,” Nadal told Spanish state broadcaster TVE. “I’ll keep going on the same path and if that leads to the other then that’ll be great. I’ll try to keep at the level I’ve been at. When I have been able to do that, the results have come.”
Of the resurgent form of his great rival Roger Federer, who has won five titles in 2017 including the Australian Open and Wimbledon, Nadal noted: “So far this year either Roger or me have won all of the important tournaments. But it’s difficult to keep up the same level we’ve had in the first seven months of the season, so we’ll have to see.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates