Clement keen to resolve Sigurdsson future this week
Swansea manager Paul Clement wants the future of Everton target Gylfi Sigurdsson to be resolved by the end of the week.
Swansea manager Paul Clement wants the future of Everton target Gylfi Sigurðsson to be resolved by the end of the week.
Everton determined to land Sigurdsson
Clement has rejected two bids from Everton for Sigurðsson as he holds out for a 55 million euro fee for the Iceland international. Sigurðsson missed Swansea's tour to the United States after withdrawing following interest from the Toffees, with the club explaining that he was “not in the right frame of mind”. The 27-year-old has since rejoined the squad’s training sessions but will not feature in Swansea's friendly against Sampdoria this weekend.
“He will not play against Sampdoria on Saturday. Talks are still going on and hopefully we are going to get some news in the next couple of days”, Clement said today. “The deal needs to be the best for all parties involved; we have got a very important season coming up. We know what happened last season -- if you don't make a good start -- and we don't want that to happen again”.
With Everton so far unwilling to match Swansea's valuation, there have been reports Ronald Koeman's side will offer cash and include England Under-20 right-back Callum Connolly as a makeweight in the operation.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong