Marcelo: "The difference between Mou and Zizou are the titles we have won"
The second captain of Real Madrid spoke to the media at the press conference before Real Madrid take to the field to play Manchester United on Tuesday night.
Marcelo spoke at the press conference ahead of the European Super Cup alongside Sergio Ramos as Real Madrid prepare to take on old foes, Manchester United, in Skopje on Tuesday night. The Brazilian left-back spoke about the state of the squad entering the fixture, Joe Mourinho and the differences between his current and former coach.
State of the squad: "We are good. Beyond the results, we have worked hard physically. We are really excited for the game as we suffered to win the Champions League and now this final is a nice prize because of that. We will give everything to win tomorrow."
Jose Mourinho's Manchester United: "We are very excited to play this final and it doesn't matter against who. We know they have a very good team, we played in the preseason against them but this is not and we will give everything. The motivation to defend Real Madrid's crest to the death is always the same."
Differences between Zidane and Mourinho: "Sure, there are differences but I don't know how to say what they are. I played under Mou, and he is a great manager and he helped us to fight for titles. With Zizou as well, you know out opinion on him. The difference is the titles we won with Mou and with Zidane."
Recommended in English
- LIGA MX Atlas to face Pumas UNAM in the semi-final
- PRIMEIRA LIGA Covid-hit Belenenses SAD hammered by Benfica in forfeited game
- JUVENTUS Juventus confirm police probe into Serie A club's transfer dealings
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats