Atlético and Racing in talks over Lautaro Martínez
Diego Simeone is willing to buy the 19-year-old Argentine sensation and return him on loan to Racing Club for a further year.
Atlético Madrid are keen to add Argentine striker Lautaro Martínez to their ranks.
Lautaro Martínez' agent in Madrid
Racing Club, Martínez' current team, are expecting a formal offer to arrive imminently. The 19-year-old has a $12m release clause, and Racing own 80% of his rights. Liniers de Bahía Blanca, where he started his career, own the remaining 20%.
Rolando Zárate, the former Vélez Sarsfield striker and Lautaro Martínez' agent, is currently in Madrid. Negotiations began this week, although 'El Cholo' Simeone has been interested in his young compatriot for several months.
Atlético Madrid are expected to loan Martínez back to Racing Club for a further season. In any case, Los Rojiblancos would be unable to register the player until January, as they continue to serve a FIFA-imposed transfer ban.
Sampaoli has invited Martínez to Argentina base
Martínez was the top-scorer at the Under 20 South American Championships in Ecuador with five goals. His record with La Academia is also impressive: In 32 matches (18 as a starter), he has scored nine goals.
Jorge Sampaoli recently invited Martínez to the Argentine national team's Ezeiza training base, in order to talk with the youngster and show him videos. Sampaoli ostensibly sees him as a future part of the national team.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How and where to watch Patriots vs. Jets
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Liverpool: times, TV and how to watch online
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: why is this game called El Clásico?
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series