Villarreal eager to be reunited with Luciano Vietto
The Argentinean forward enjoyed his best spell in Spain with the Yellow Submarine and is surplus to requirements under Diego Simeone.
Diego Simeone has almost finalised his Atlético squad for 2017-18 – until January at least – and all that remains is to find another taker for Luciano Vietto. The Argentinean is not in Simeone’s plans for the season with the Atlético boss already well-stocked in an attacking line featuring Antoine Griezmann, Fernando Torres, Kevin Gameiro and Ángel Correa and will look for another move after spending last season on loan at Sevilla.
Vietto has plenty of offers, mostly from outside LaLiga, but the stumbling block is that Atlético would like to sell while most of the forward’s suitors are keener on a loan arrangement.
Marseille, Southampton and Sampdoria have all made inquiries while Deportivo and Valencia are also interested but one destination does seem to make sense for all parties: Villarreal.
Villarreal keen on Vietto, but on initial loan deal
Vietto enjoyed his most successful spell in Spain at El Madrigal, scoring 20 goals in 48 appearances in 2014-15 but has not replicated that form since. Villarreal are eager to explore the possibility of reigniting an old flame but would prefer to take Vietto on loan.
Given that Simeone has a squad of 21, a competitive front line and the need to make room for potential arrivals in January, both parties are likely to move closer to an agreement although Atlético are keen to insert a sell-on clause into any contract involving a purchase option.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente