Cristiano copies Messi's shirt celebration in Camp Nou win
The Real Madrid forward scored a cracking goal to make it 2-1 and imitated the Argentinean by displaying his shirt to the stadium, earning a yellow card.
Cristiano Ronaldo took centre stage in Sunday’s Clásico at Camp Nou, coming off the bench in the second half to score a wonderful goal to make it 2-1, then being booked for taking of his shirt in celebration and eventually sent off for diving, which Real Madrid are set to appeal against.
Ronaldo facing potential ban for shoving referee
On his way from the pitch the Portuguese also shoved match referee De Burgos Bengoetxea, which could yet lead to a greater sanction of between four and 12 games for the Real forward. LaLiga’s disciplinary committee is due to meet on Wednesday when the matter will be studied, possibly leaving Ronaldo clear to play in the return leg of the Super Cup in the Bernabéu on the same day.
However, despite Ronaldo’s eventful evening, one image will be remembered above all others. After his goal, and at the prodding of teammate Marcelo, the Portuguese picked up his shirt from the Camp Nou turf and displayed it to the crowd in a copy of Leo Messi’s celebration after scoring the winning goal for Barcelona in last season’s second Liga Clásico in Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates