Pezzella joins Fiorentina on loan from Betis - official
The Argentinean central defender has joined La Viola on a season-long agreement after the player asked to leave the club temporarily.
Real Betis have officially announced a deal with Fiorentina for Argentinean central defender Germán Pezzella to spend a season on loan in Serie A with La Viola. Fiorentina have a purchase option included the deal allowing them to make the move permanent at the end of the season for a fee in the region of 10 million euros.
“Real Betis and ACF Fiorentina have reached an agreement for the loan of Gérman Pezzella to the Italian club until June 30 2018. Real Betis wishes Germán Pezzella the best of luck in this new step in his career,” the club said in a statement.
Betis are relying on the versatility of new signings such as Javi García to cover the departure of the defender and will use the space in the squad to seek reinforcements in attack, an area of the squad that requires greater attention.
Vice-sporting director Lorenzo Serra Ferrer explained the nature of the loan deal: “Betis view [Pezzella] as an asset and we don’t want to lose him. The player had a conversation with the coach and came to the conclusion that he wanted to leave and he then requested to do so. When a player asks to leave for the good of everybody we look for a temporary loan deal.”
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?