Cristiano Ronaldo has asked Real Madrid for a significant pay rise, according to the programme 'Jugones' on Spanish TV channel La Sexta.
The show claims that the Portuguese forward, who is currently reported to earn about 21m euros net a year at Real, wants to see that figure increase to above 40m.
Cristiano wants to earn more than Messi, Neymar
Cristiano's new demands are said to be motivated by a desire to be the world's best-paid player ahead of Barcelona's Lionel Messi and Paris Saint-Germain's Neymar, who are both understood to be on around 40m a season after tax.
However, 'Jugones' adds that Real are reluctant to break their wage structure and, having handed him a new contract as recently as November, are refusing to countenance the proposed improvement in his salary.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS How much will the Social Security Cost-of-Living Adjustment increase be in 2022?
- NFL Minnesota Vikings DE, Everson Griffen out after car accident
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will AOC’s bill extend pandemic unemployment insurance until 2022?
- MLS Beckham increases MLS club Inter Miami ownership stake
- LIGUE 1 Phil Collins set for Parc des Prince return after PSG fans protest