Málaga owner Al-Thani takes potshot at Míchel then deletes tweet
"You should only talk about the game", Al-Thani tweeted after the Málaga coach complained about the lack of new signings. Diego Rolán is close to joining.
Málaga owner Abdullah bin Nasser Al-Thani was back in the news again for his activity on social media. This time he replied to coach Míchel, who complained about the lack of new signings during his post-match press conference after Málaga crashed to a 1-0 defeat to newcomers Girona last night.
"I don't know anything about any new signings. We have a week before the market closes and I am focusing on coaching the team", Míchel told reporters. Those comments didn't go down too well with Al-Thani, who expressed his unhappiness in a tweet which he later deleted: "Mister González. I think you have made a few mistakes. You should be talking about the game, nothing else, that is why we have a Director of Sport". After deleting his tweet, he posted a new one which said said: "No comment".
Diego Rolán close to completing loan
Elsewhere, Girondins de Bordeaux made the surprise announcement that they have handed Uruguayan striker Diego Rolán a two-year contraction extension - but will be loaning him to Málaga. It's a new twist for Roldán who was expected to be loaned to Deportivo.
Source at Málaga tell AS that negotiations are advanced but were surprised by the French club's decision to renew the player's contract.
Recommended in English
- NFL | BEARS Bears coach Nagy relieved after snapping streak against Lions
- NFL Bills QB Allen demands 'pursuit of perfection'
- COPA LIBERTADORES Copa Libertadores final 2021: Palmeiras and Flamengo battle it out for South American title
- MANCHESTER UNITED Manchester Utd: Rangnick may beat Real Madrid to Haaland
- SOCCER When will AFC, CONCACAF, CONMEBOL & OFC teams qualify for World Cup inter-confederation play-offs?
- NBA How are the NBA's rookie class doing after one month?