Rakitic a doubt for Barcelona against Espanyol and Juventus with hamstring injury
The Croatian midfielder suffered an injury due to an overload and Barcelona are hoping it is not too bad once he rreturns to Spain for further tests.
Ivan Rakitic will miss Croatia's last game during the international break on Tuesday night against Turkey with a hamstring injury with Ante Cacic saying it would be too much of a risk to play the 29-year-old. The midfielder is also questionable for Barcelona in the catalan derby against Espanyol at the weekend and possibly beyond as Ernesto Valverde's side open their Champions League campaign against last year's finalists, Juventus.
"Barcelona midfielder Ivan Rakitic will miss this match due to minor hamstring injury, sustained during the Kosovo clash," a statement by the Croatian national side read.
He was replaced against Kosovo after 55 minutes and speculation over his physical state is now swirling. Ernesto Valverde can move around his midfield now thanks to the addition of Paulinho during the summer. He can also rely on Sergi Roberto to play in a Rakitic-style role too. The Barcelona manager will wait until he gets his entire squad back to see what shape they are in and the see how he will manage their minutes as the season moves into a higher gear after the summer.
Barcelona play Espanyol at the Camp Nou on Saturday night before they welcome Juventus on Tuesday night in the opening game of the Champions League.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates