Fenerbahce take Vincent Janssen off Spurs' hands
Tottenham Hotspur striker Vincent Janssen is poised to join Turkish outfit Fenerbahçe on loan for the remainder of the season.
Tottenham Hotspur centre-forward Vincent Janssen is set to join Fenerbahçe on loan for the rest of the season the Turkish club said in a statement on Friday.
Janssen excluded from 23-man Champions League squad
The Dutch international, who joined Spurs from AZ Alkmaar in July 2016, was left out of Mauricio Pochettino's Champions League squad after the Londoners signed Fernando Llorente from Swansea late in the summer window. The 23-year-old will travel to Istanbul on Friday with a view to completing a loan switch for the rest of the season.
“Our club has agreed a loan deal in principle for Premier League team Tottenham Hotspur and Holland national team striker Vincent Janssen. The 23-year-old striker will arrive at Istanbul Ataturk Airport at 12.30 pm today and negotiations will continue in Istanbul”, a Fenerbahçe statement said.
Fener had also been linked with a loan move for Chelsea's exiled forward Diego Costa.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA