Robert Fernández: "Iniesta is staying with Barcelona"
Barcelona's technical secretary said he was certain the club captain would be staying. Iniesta's contract finishes on 30 June 2018.
Barcelona technical secretary Robert Fernández said that he had no doubt that midfielder and captain of the team Andrés Iniesta would stay with the club beyond 30 June 2018, when his current contract runs out. Fernández was speaking just before the LaLiga match between Barcelona and Espanyol at the Camp Nou.
Iniesta will stay at Barcelona says Fernández
"Andrés is going to stay with us because he's a special player. He's a lad who in the footballing sense was born at Barcelona, although he took his first steps at Albacete. The treatment he has to be given also has to be special because he deserves it for his behaviour and all the happy moments he's given us", said Fernández.
Iniesta denied Bartomeu's claims
The statement comes after several weeks of apparent tension between the club and the player. President Josep Maria Bartomeu said that they had worked out the main lines of an agreement to extend his contract. However Iniesta spoke out in public to deny that this was the case.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?