Zinedine Zidane has called up 19 players for the Champions League match against APOEL. The Real Madrid coach has left out Marcos Llorente, who started against Levante, Vallejo, who has been training with the group but is coming back from injury, Achraf... and Marco Asensio.
Asensio misses out
Asensio trained in the gym on Monday, but was out with his teammates today, however Zidane said the player wasn't in a fit state to play. Asked why, the Real Madrid coach said: "He's got a boil, down there, down there..." pointing to his backside.
Varane also trained normally, and the good news for Zidane is that he's recovered from the strain picked up against Valencia, and is in the squad.
Also back are Modric, Casemiro, Keylor (rested against Levante), Cristiano Ronaldo (suspended in LaLiga) and Borja Mayoral, who missed out against Levante but is brought in by Zidane as the only fit centre-forward in the squad, with Benzema out injured.
Real Madrid squad for APOEL
Goalkeepers: Navas, Casilla and Luca.
Defenders: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo and Theo.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Isco, Kovacic and Ceballos.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale, Lucas Vázquez and Mayoral.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series