Zinedine Zidane has called up 19 players for the Champions League match against APOEL. The Real Madrid coach has left out Marcos Llorente, who started against Levante, Vallejo, who has been training with the group but is coming back from injury, Achraf... and Marco Asensio.
Asensio misses out
Asensio trained in the gym on Monday, but was out with his teammates today, however Zidane said the player wasn't in a fit state to play. Asked why, the Real Madrid coach said: "He's got a boil, down there, down there..." pointing to his backside.
Varane also trained normally, and the good news for Zidane is that he's recovered from the strain picked up against Valencia, and is in the squad.
Also back are Modric, Casemiro, Keylor (rested against Levante), Cristiano Ronaldo (suspended in LaLiga) and Borja Mayoral, who missed out against Levante but is brought in by Zidane as the only fit centre-forward in the squad, with Benzema out injured.
Real Madrid squad for APOEL
Goalkeepers: Navas, Casilla and Luca.
Defenders: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo and Theo.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Isco, Kovacic and Ceballos.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale, Lucas Vázquez and Mayoral.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates