Marco Asensio left out of APOEL game with Sociedad in mind
The Spain midfielder suffered an infected boil on Monday and will not be risked with Zidane missing Ronaldo and Benzema for Anoeta fixture.
Marco Asensio was left out of the Real Madrid squad for the Champions League match against APOEL on Wednesday as a precaution after suffering an infected boil on Monday.
Asensio not risked ahead of Sociedad game
Club doctors carried out tests on the 21-year-old and have ruled out any type of disease but it was decided the player would be left out of the squad despite being passed fit to feature. Zinedine Zidane decided to take no risks with Asensio, who will be required at the weekend when the side travel to Real Sociedad in the absence of the suspended Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema, who picked up a knee injury in the match against Levante.
Asensio was expected to train alone at Valdebebas on Wednesday ahead of the game at Anoeta.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?