Cheryshev set for comeback
Villarreal boss Fran Escribá has confirmed that the Russian international is in the squad for the Europe League clash against Astana.
Fran Escribá has included Mario Gaspar, Roberto Soriano and Denis Cheryshev in his Villarreal squad ahead of the Europa League group stage opener against Kazakhstan based outfit Astana.
Three key players to boost Villarreal fans hopes after an indifferent start to the 2017/18 league campaign but it's the return of Russian player Denis Cheryshev that is of particular significance given that he has been out of action for the past ten months with severe muscular problems which have also inhibited the player from training normally with the winger seeking medical help in a number of global locations.
It's not anticipated that the former Real Madrid player will start as the "Yellow Submarine" begin their campaign in the Europa League against Astana but depending on the outcome of the game, Escriba may offer Cheryshev some playing time in an effort for the player to regain the dynamic of playing top flight football again.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ryder Cup: Garcia gets action underway at Whistling Straits
- Joshua v Usyk: AJ aims to keep it simple as Fury looms large over capital clash
- WORLD NEWS What has Biden said about the Evergrande crisis?
- NFL NFL: Chargers after another road win at Chiefs in big AFC West clash
- PSG Mbappé is a fantastic guy - Pochettino backs PSG forward
- BARCELONA Ronald Koeman receives two-match ban for red card