The reasons why the Wanda is set to miss out on the 2019 UCL final
According to Spain's Onda Cero radio station, Atlético Madrid are aware of the motives why UEFA has overlooked the new stadium to host the 2019 final.
Atlético Madrid's new Wanda Metropolitamo was an official candidate to host the 2019 UEFA Champions League final with European football's governing body expected to announce the definitive host stadium and city tomorrow José Ramón de la Morena speaking on his El Transistor programme on the Onda Cero network revealed last night that Madrid will not be the city to stage the 2019 final.
Only 7.000 VIP seats
One of the reasons as cited by De la Morena is that, despite being one of the most avant-garde new grounds in Europe, the Wanda Metropolitano only boasts 7.000 VIP seats. The radio presenter also mentioned that local tax payments were another fundamental reasons for UEFA deciding against the Spanish capital.
The 2018 Champions League final will be staged in Kiev and after Atletico's rejection, the 2019 final will be staged in Bakú (Azerbaijan) which is a body-blow for the LaLiga side who were anxious to show off their new home in hosting the biggest game in European football.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online