Juve set sights on Oblak as possible Buffon replacement
The Serie A champions are planning ahead with Atleti stopper Oblak on their wanted list with the Slovenian having a contract with the LaLiga side through to 2021Europa League Final 2018: Marseille vs Atlético Madrid live
Juventus are planning ahead for the time when 40 year old keeper Gianluigi Buffon hangs up his gloves at the end June 2018 with the Serie A outfit already drafting in former Arsenal stopper Wojciech Szczęsny.
Speaking to Goal, Atletico goalkeeper Jan Oblak's agent Miha Mlakar stated after being asked with the rumours linking his player with the Turin side that in Italian football "only Juventus can be consideres asa top side". The Slovenian is not short of would-be suitors with Ligue 1 side PSG also contemplating reinforcing their goalkeeping position for the 2018/19 campaign. Despite the overtures directed at the Slovenian international from the European big-guns, there is still the matter of the 24 year old's 100 million euro buy-out clause and his contract which ties him to the LaLiga side through to 2021.
The Atleti No. 1 is arguably Diego Simeon's most in-form player at the club with his saves being decisive in Atleti's solid start to the 2017/18 campaign. In the Wanda Metroploitano opener last Saturday against Malaga, the Slovenian pulled off two excellent goal bound stops from Borja Baston and later from Rolan to ensure the "Colchoneros" home debut at the new stadium ended up in a victory.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online