Villarreal sack Fran Escribá
The club broke the news this morning via an official communique after six games of the 2017/18 campaign with "Els Groguets" lying 14th in LaLiga.
Fran Escribá is no longer first team coach at Villarreal. The news was confirmed this morning by the Castellon province based side and comes after the team fell to a heavy 4-0 defeat away to Getafe.
Official announcement: Fran Escribá is no longer the Villarreal CF Manager. https://t.co/cajYKwAj9C— Villarreal CF (@English_Yellows) September 25, 2017
Escribá and his technical staff who are also set to depart, leave Villarreal in fourteenth place in the Laliga table after six games (two wins, three defeats and one draw) and a win in their opening Europa League match against Astana.
Villarreal CF has decided to terminate Fran Escribá’s contract as first team manager. The club would like to thank the Manager, Assistant Manager, Josep Alcácer, and Fitness Coach, José Mascarós, for their hard work and dedication since they took charge of the "Yellow Submarine" last season and would like to wish them the best in their future careers.
The First Team’s training session, that was going to take place today at 10am at the Villarreal CF Training Ground (Ciudad Deportiva) has been postponed until 6pm this evening.
The club will announce the new Villarreal CF Manager shortly.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates