Athletic Club's Iker Muniain suffers cruciate ligament injury
The player left the field of play at San Mamés in tears during the 0-1 defeat to Zorya Luhansk in the Europa League group game and will face at least six months out
Athletic Club have confirmed that Iker Muniain suffered a tear to the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during the Europea League defeat to FC Zorya.
The 24-year-old is expected to be out for at least six months, and thus looks to have played his final minutes of the 2017-18 season.
Athletic loss, Muniain tears
Dropping three points at home could hit the team from Bilbao hard in their attempts to qualify for the in top position for the knockout phase of the Europa League but losing Muniain will also hurt their Liga ambitions. The Spaniard was stretchered off in added on time holding his right leg clearly in agony.
Further injury woes for Muniain
The midfielder has had a torrid time with injuries. In 2015 he suffered a torn cruciate knee ligament against Sevilla that kept him out for half a year and he, along with manager, teammates and fans, will be hoping that this injury is not as bad. We await confirmation from the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente