Quique Sánchez Flores: 'We can't close our eyes for an instant against Real Madrid'
The Espanyol coach is aware that his side will have to be 'in their best moment' to compete with Zinedine Zidane's side at the Bernabéu.
Espanyol manager Quique Sánchez Flores spoke to the press ahead of his team’s visit to the Bernabéu on Sunday evening.
Real Madrid have reached an ‘excellent balance’
Real Madrid’s play: “Madrid’s play doesn’t change. They stand out from the rest because they have reached an excellent balance. That makes things difficult.”
Playing in the Bernabéu: “I know how that stadium and that team works. I try to transmit that to our players, that they aren’t reckless, play with rigour, don’t fall asleep, keep their concentration… We can’t close our eyes for an instant. I hope we’re strong, dignified and that we have chances.”
Playing at the right time: “You have to try to arrive in your best moment, the moment in which the players believe it can be the moment. Everything is positive, they’re up for it, it’s a great opportunity. We see ourselves with the strength to go without tension and without pressure. We have more points than last season.”
‘Piqué’s tweet? I haven’t seen it. I’m ‘off’ social media’
Gerard Piqué’s tweet: “On social media I am ‘off’. I have no idea what happened. My head stays sane like this.”
Real Madrid’s results: “There are results that are to do with what develops on the pitch, and others that aren’t. […] We have various goals. The first is to win, the second is to draw, and the third is to lose with honour.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- OTHER SPORTS Oleksandr Usyk vs Anthony Joshua: A fight for the ages
- WOMEN IN SPORTS Women athletes urge Supreme Court to protect abortion rights
- AFGHANISTAN Why are Afghan women judges in hiding in Afghanistan and how are they being protected?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa “day-to-day” after Sunday’s rib injury
- NFL Detroit Lions 17 vs 35 Green Bay Packers summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2