Valencia's Zaza says Messi doesn't count for top-scorer table
Valencia striker Zaza has had a fine start to the season, scoring eight goals, with the latest coming today against Sevilla.
Valencia striker Simone Zaza was on target again today as his side demolished Sevilla 4-0, meaning the Italian striker has now hit the back of the net eight times in a prolific start to the season. He's three behind Messi, who will the opportunity to inflate his account against Michel's Málaga tonight.
Zaza leading the top-scorer charts, according to him
But according to Zaza he's basically leading the Liga top-scorer charts, because Messi "doesn't count". As reported by Super Deporte, Zaza said: "Messi doesn't count. To me he is the best. He and Cristiano Ronaldo, who is not scoring as much as he usually does in LaLiga. But Messi doesn't count, so if by the end of the season I'm second in the scoring list, I'll talk to LaLiga and ask for a prize".
Villarreal's Cedric Bakambu is now in third, on seven goals, with his side in action against Las Palmas tomorrow. Cristiano Ronaldo is going through a drought, with just one goal in four league games (after his early season suspension).
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped