Achraf Hakimi's really settling into the Real Madrid first team
Real Madrid's Copa del Rey win away to Fuenlabrada on Thursday night turned out to be a much tougher task than might have been expected. A very well organised home side gave very little away, and Real struggled to find a route to keeper Jordi Codina's goal.
The man who knocked hardest on the door - and with the most success - was full-back Achraf Hakimi. In tandem with Lucas Vázquez on the right flank, the Moroccan international offered Real's greatest attacking threat at the Estadio Fernando Torres.
With Carvajal sidelined, Achraf's grabbing his chance with both hands
In the absence of Dani Carvajal, Achraf is getting a run in the side - and looks more and more settled and confident. He's a footballer with fine physical attributes, bringing real potency both with ball at feet - the 18-year-old can beat his man for fun - and when driving into space to meet passes.
At Fuenlabrada, he was responsible for the deadlock being broken, forcing a penalty with an individual forward foray that showcased all his strengths. If he continues to progress like this and keeps on working hard, Los Blancos have a right-back for many seasons to come.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game