Zidane names his squad to travel to London to face Spurs in the Champions League
The French manager is without Raphael Varane, Bale and Navas but has Isco back despite concern over his fitness.
Zinedine Zidane named 19 players in his squad that will travel to London as Real Madrid take on Spurs in the Champions League on Wednesday night at Wembley.
The newest addition to Real Madrid injury list is Raphael Varane, who went off at half-time against Girona on Sunday night with a hamstring problem. He did not train on Monday and the squad list confirms his absence from Madrid's back line in London.
Isco, however, has managed to recover from a knock he suffered at the tail-end of the game at Montilivi on Sunday. He did not train on Monday but Zidane and his trainers obviously felt he needed the rest as he makes the squad.
No Keylor Navas of Gareth Bale
Due to the loss of Keylor Navas and Luca Zidane to injuries, Zidane will brink Casilla and Moha, the 17-year-old shot-stopper from the youth ranks. Zidane's first choice has not recovered from the hamstring injury that he suffered while playing with his country during the last international break.
Meanwhile, the Gareth Bale situation is more clear. The Welsh attacker continues to recover from a calf injury and he trained on the field, on his own, most recently. Zidane and his staff are reluctant, however, to step up his recovery for fear of another breakdown. The trip to London was set to be a big one for Bale, as Spurs is his former club, but he will have to suffice with watching it on television.
Zidane's Squad List:
Goalkeeper: Casilla and Moha.
Defenders: Vallejo, Sergio Ramos, Nacho, Marcelo, Theo and Achraf.
Midfielders: Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, M. Llorente, Asensio, Isco and Ceballos.
Forwards: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Lucas Vázquez and Mayoral.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO How many times has Barcelona won against Real Madrid without Messi?
- NFL Denver Broncos 14 vs Cleveland Browns 17 summary: score, highlights | NFL Week 7
- NFL Congress demands answers from the NFL about WFT investigation
- US NEWS How could Alec Baldwin have killed Halyna Hutchins with a prop firearm?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?