Asensio keen to impress in Real's starting XI vs Las Palmas
In contrast to Benzema (91%), Bale (89%) and Cristiano (83%), the Spanish winger has not managed more than two consecutive starts this campaign.
Marco Asensio returns to the starting eleven as Real Madrid host Las Palmas on Sunday evening (20:45 CET). The Spanish winger, demoted to the bench in recent weeks, will be keen to put in the kind of performance that saw him talked up as the 'next big thing' last season and to wrestle back more prominence in Madrid's starting line-up.
The pecking order
Asensio has been a large part of Zinedine Zidane's rotation policy this season, only starting in nine (53%) of Madrid's 17 games. The man from Mallorca has not managed to win over Zidane in the way other players have, for instance Benzema, who has started ten of the 11 games he has been available for (91%), Bale, who has started eight out of nine games (89%) and Cristiano Ronaldo, ten in 12 (83%).
Asensio has not managed to hit the heights or consistency of last season, only starting two consecutive games (against Eibar and Fuenlabrada in the Copa del Rey), which also coincided with an international break. The winger has also expressed his frustration at warming the bench, particularly after some positive performances.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game