Makelele leaves Swansea to manage Belgian side Eupen
The former Real Madrid and Chelsea midfielder has left the Premier League side under Paul Clement to take over as the manager of Belgian side.
Swansea City assistant manager Claude Makelele has left the Premier League club to become the manager of Belgium's KAS Eupen, the Welsh team said on Monday.
Former Real Madrid and Chelsea midfielder Makelele joined Swansea as Paul Clement's assistant manager in January and helped the team escape relegation last season.
Frenchman Makelele, 44, takes over at Eupen with the club bottom of the Belgian first division standings.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win