The reasons why Griezmann is a step closer to joining Barcelona
There have been claims that the Atlético star has reached a pre-agreement with Barça who will be negotiating to try to sign the player without meeting his buy-out.
Gracing the front cover of today's edition of Mundo Deportivo is Antoine Griezmann who the Catalan daily claim has reached a pre-agreement with Barcelona. MD say that the Atlético striker gave Barcelona his word months ago and the plan is to incorporate him as soon as next season's first window opens on 1 July. They add that the pre-agreement is for a five-year deal but Barça will negotiate with Atlético to lower Griezmann's 100 million euro buy-out fee. The article comes after similar reports from RAC-1, Catalunya Ràdio and LeSport10, who assure that the French striker and Barça have been holding talks. Barcelona's technical department feel that the the team needs four top class strikers in case of any unforseen emergency such as the injury to Ousmane Dembélé.
Barcelona spying on Martial and Werner
MD also report that Technical Secretary Robert Fernández was spotted taking notes on Anthony Martial and Timo Werner during Germany's friendly with France in Cologne yesterday. Rival sports daily Sport meanwhile, ran with a front cover story on Spain's 3-3 draw in Russia in which Jordi Alba was on target again for La Roja and highlight that four Barça players were involved in the game.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA