Valencia keen on Benfica winger Andrija Zivkovic - report
Portuguese daily Record states that Los Che want to bring the 21-year-old Serbian international in on loan but will face competition from Sevilla.
Despite Valencia’s excellent start to the 2017-18 season under Marcelino, the Mestalla board are already thinking ahead and have targeted Benfica winger Andrija Zivkovic, according to Portuguese sports daily Record.
Zivkovic, 21, arrived at the Estádio da Luz on a free transfer from Partizan Belgrade in July 2016, signing a five-year contract but has failed to break into the first team fully, making just four league appearances so far this season and playing 195 minutes of Benfica’s disastrous Champions League campaign. In the 2016-17 season Zivkovic made 24 appearances in all competitions but played fewer than 1,000 minutes in the league.
Valencia, Sevilla keen on Zivkovic
However, Benfica are not keen on cashing in on Zivkovic until after the World Cup. The winger is a fixture for the Serbia national side and Benfica believe his value could go up with a decent showing in Russia. Valencia, meanwhile, are interested in a loan deal until the end of the current season.
The Mestalla board will face competition for Zivkovic from Liga rivals Sevilla, who are keen on signing him next summer on a permanent contract.
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops