Knee surgery for PSG's Thiago Motta
Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Thiago Motta looks set to go under the knife for a knee complaint which will sideline him until after the winter break, the club said on Thursday.
Bad news for Unai Emery. Paris Saint-Germain will miss midfielder Thiago Motta until after the winter break as he looks set to go under the knife for a knee complaint. Motta is now 35 and has been playing less as midfield starlet Adrien Rabiot, 22, gradually starts to fullfil his potential in the ambitious side.
Motta has been complaining of severe pain in his knee and club doctors have opted for arthroscopic cleansing, cleaning up of tiny pieces of bone that may be flouting around in the knee. 'Thiago Motta has been complaining of increasing pain in his right knee since September. This seems the best stage of the season to conduct arthroscopic cleansing,' PSG coach Unai Emery explained on their website.
Rabiot to enjoy more minutes
'There are plenty of players just waiting to grab their chance to get a start,' added Emery. Rabiot, under contract until 2019, has been pushing for more playing time and even threatening to leave the club. Now that Motta will be out until after the winter break Rabiot will have more minutes to prove his quality.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds