Coentrao: "I have to fight everything and everyone"
The former Real Madrid player is back and ready to help Sporting Club de Portugal to a league title and says he had to fight to get fit.
Fabio Coentrao returned from injury to play with Sporting Club de Portugal against Famalicão in the Portuguese Cup and helped his side to a 2-0 win. The 29-year-old was forced to leave Real Madrid eventually due to his injuries and while he has played more this season, he is hoping his past with injuries are behind him.
After the game, the former Real Madrid defender told Sport TV, "We knew it was going to be a complicated game against a team who defend very well, as they showed here. We had to be a serious team to win and that's what we did."
The full-back, who has suffered his fair share of injuries said, "I had luck but just by working you can overcome that. I have had to fight against everything and everyone. I worked a lot and I am sure that I will be able to leave that injury behind and that I will be here in body and soul to help Sporting to be the champion."
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades