Coentrao: "I have to fight everything and everyone"
The former Real Madrid player is back and ready to help Sporting Club de Portugal to a league title and says he had to fight to get fit.
Fabio Coentrao returned from injury to play with Sporting Club de Portugal against Famalicão in the Portuguese Cup and helped his side to a 2-0 win. The 29-year-old was forced to leave Real Madrid eventually due to his injuries and while he has played more this season, he is hoping his past with injuries are behind him.
After the game, the former Real Madrid defender told Sport TV, "We knew it was going to be a complicated game against a team who defend very well, as they showed here. We had to be a serious team to win and that's what we did."
The full-back, who has suffered his fair share of injuries said, "I had luck but just by working you can overcome that. I have had to fight against everything and everyone. I worked a lot and I am sure that I will be able to leave that injury behind and that I will be here in body and soul to help Sporting to be the champion."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen