Real Madrid should have had a first-half penalty when Atlético Madrid's Lucas Hernández kicked Sergio Ramos's face in Saturday night's derby draw at the Wanda Metropolitano, says Diario AS's resident referee.
Ramos was caught in the face by Lucas's boot as he headed Casemiro's 35th-minute knock-down just wide from six yards out.
"That's a penalty," says ex-referee Iturralde González
The Real captain was left with an apparent broken nose by the challenge (and was then taken off at half time), but match official David Fernández Borbalán gave a goal-kick - a call that former FIFA ref Eduardo Iturralde González disagrees with.
"That's a penalty," was Iturralde González's assessment of the incident when asked by AS. "The Atlético player gets there late - it's a spot-kick."
The LaLiga week 12 match, Real's first ever visit to Atlético's new home stadium, ended goalless.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?