Sevilla: Éver Banega is the Champions League pass master
The Argentine playmaker returned to Andalucía in the summer after a spell at Inter Milan, and he has immediately settled in to his passing rhythm.
It happened against Spartak Moscow. It happened against Liverpool. It has happened so many times before. Éver Banega was at the epicentre of Sevilla's comeback on Tuesday evening.
Banega's passion for the pass
The Argentine string-puller has been instrumental for Sevilla, and the statistics reveal that he is the most prolific passer in the Champions League.
Banega has completed 468 passes in the five European matches he has played for Sevilla this season. That places him ahead of his compatriot Nicolas Otamendi, who has registered 457 passes for Manchester City, and Barcelona's Sergio Busquets, who has completed 385.
Sevilla investment not in question
The 29-year-old left the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán for Inter Milan on a free transfer. Sevilla paid €9 million to secure his return a year later, but there are few who doubt that it was a good investment. When Banega is in the mood, which is often at the moment, he is the brain out Eduardo Berizzo's team, and one of the best organisational midfielders in the world.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series