Sergio Ramos and Bale out, Kovacic and Navas return
Zinedine Zidane has elected not to risk his captain against Málaga. Nacho (suspended), Asensio (injured) and Achraf (technical decision) also miss out.
Zinedine Zidane has welcomed back Mateo Kovacic and Keylor Navas to the match day squad for the game against Málaga but has lost Marco Asensio to injury and has decided against risking Sergio Ramos in the Bernabéu as the captain recovers from a fractured nose sustained in the Madrid derby.
Gareth Bale has also been left out as he continues his recovery from a muscle problem while Achraf Hakimi was omitted for technical reasons.
Kovacic is back in contention for a place after missing more than two months with a knee injury while Navas, who has been absent for several weeks with a muscle strain picked up on international duty, is also available again.
Nacho is suspended on Saturday leaving Zidane a little light at the back with Jesús Vallejo and Raphael Varane to start in the centre.
Real Madrid squad for Málaga
Navas, Casilla, Moha; Carvajal, Vallejo, Varane, Marcelo, Theo; Kroos, Modric, Casemiro, Marcos Llorente, Isco, Kovacic, Ceballos: Cristiano Ronaldo, Benzema, Lucas Vázquez, Mayoral.
Te recomendamos en English
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth
- SCIENCE NEWS When will the Sun die?
- NFL Odell Beckham Jr. close to return for Cleveland Browns
- NFL New York Jets' Zach Wilson reflects on his disastrous 'four interceptions' game
- NFL New York Giants' Nick Gates in good spirits while facing an uncertain future