Real Madrid: Zidane's reluctance to play Ceballos is a mystery
We're three months into the 2017/18 season, and there can be no getting away from it: a number of Real Madrid players are currently miles short of their best.
Which makes it all the more surprising that Zinedine Zidane is so reluctant to give more minutes to midfielder Dani Ceballos, who's in very good form. In the little action that he's seen at Real, Ceballos has shone; and he's been tearing it up every time he's appeared for Spain Under-21s, too.
Zidane is known for the fairness of his selection, yet with Ceballos...
Zidane has shown in the past that he has no qualms about shaking things up and throwing in youngsters if they knock on the door hard enough, so his decision to relegate Ceballos to the fringes is puzzling in the extreme.
With a good few of his regulars looking so sluggish and below par, the moment has come for Zidane to give the 21-year-old the chance that his efforts and talent deserve. After all, this is the same coach who, ever since his appointment, has won over the group with the fairness of his selection policy.
It's time to give Ceballos a go.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother