Lionel Messi and family go to Finland to meet Santa Claus
Ernesto Valverde has given his Barça players two days off, and the Argentine took advantage of that to visit Father Christmas in Lapland.
Ernesto Valverde granted his Barcelona players two days off after a 1-1 draw in the top-of-the-table clash against Valencia, and Lionel Messi has opted for a short holiday.
Messi and family take advantage of days off
After seeing his legitimate goal ruled out at Mestalla, Lionel Messi took the opportunity to disconnect and travel north to Finland.
The Argentine player’s wife - Antonella Rocuzzo - uploaded pictures to social media of their son Thiago playing in the snow, which were swiftly deleted.
Messi se fue con su familia a la nieve de Finlandia para ir conociendo el clima que van a vivir el año que viene.— Parodiando Tuits ® (@ParodiaTuits) 28 de noviembre de 2017
Les va a servir porque van a tener que estar varios días en Rusia...😉🙌 pic.twitter.com/yigdNdCMpM
According to Catalan publication Sport, Messi and Rocuzzo had travelled to Finland so their two sons, Thiago and Mateo, could meet Santa Claus in his ‘Lapland home’.
The youngsters spend a few hours with the merry figure and had a ride in his sleigh.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement