Real Madrid: Gareth Bale ruled out of Athletic Club match
The Welsh winger was instrumental in the Copa del Rey clash against Fuenlabrada on Tuesday night, but trained alone at Valdebebas on Wednesday.
Gareth Bale will miss the trip to San Mames as Real Madrid take on Athletic Bilbao at the weekend after completing almost 30 minutes against Fuenlabrada on Tuesday night. He did not train on Wednesday and will miss the game in LaLiga, according to Cadena Ser.
Real Madrid have set their sights on Athletic Bilbao on Saturday at 20:45 with training at Valdebebas on Wednesday. They added Lucas Vazquez to the list of those who trained after the gallego missed the game against Fuenlabrada and did not train on Monday either after suffering a blow to the ankle. He trained fully and is available for Zidane at the weekend.
For the clash at the new San Mames, Sergio Ramos will also be available, but will wear a mask to protect the broken nose he suffered against Atlético Madrid. He has missed three games now against APOEL, Málaga and Fuenlabrada but Zidane will be glad to add his captain to the squad list for the weekend.
The starters against Fuenlabrada trained on the pitch but at a much lower intensity than those who did not. Bale, Luca Zidane and Marco Asensio did not train with the flying Welshman training alone in the gym. Luca is still recovering from a shoulder injury and Asensio will be out for another couple of weeks with a glute muscle injury.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers taunts Bears fans: "All my f****** life I own you" after Packers win
- NFL Browns QB Mayfield dislocates shoulder again but expects to play Thursday
- SERIE A Johan Vásquez scores in his Serie A debut with Genoa
- REAL MADRID Benzema has his eyes set on this year's Ballon d'Or
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Mbappé looks to follow Ronaldo's path at Real Madrid
- NBA Simmons returns to 76ers practice, will play 'when he's ready'