Icardi's agent admits Real Madrid interest
Wanda Nara, speaking to 'Il Corriere dello Sport': "Madrid, Chelsea, they've been pursuing him for some time'
Wanda Nara, wife and agent of Mauro Icardi, spoke to Il Corriere dello Sport and said that her husband was in love with Inter Milan, but refused to rule out a possible future move, with Real Madrid a possibility: "Nobody knows the future. The club have the last word and there are offers that can't be refused..."
Icardi is a big name
"Mauro is a big name and the top clubs have been following him for some time now. It's normal that a player like him, one of the best number 9s in the world, would have major clubs interested in him. They want him for what he can bring. Both Inter and Mauro have to be grateful for the interest in him."
Asked if Real Madrid had called Nara said: "I'd prefer not to say who has called me. I deal with all that, and Mauro thinks about Inter and being happy here. The directors know he's turned down teams that other players haven't turned down, because he's got the team's colours in his heart. I'm not going to deny that a lot of teams are interested in him, far more than have been published..."
Asked if she could see him moving in the future she replied: "It's hard to say, because in football you never know what's going to happen. He's got a contract and is thinking about winning [trophies] with Inter. He's happy and aiming to go as far as he can. Nobody knows the future. The club has the last word and there are offers that can't be turned down."
As to his buy-out clause of 110 million euros, Nara said: "I wanted the buy-out clause because I think it's appropriate to put a major buy-out clause on a player of his level and quality. I don't know if the club will want to change it. It shouldn't scare anybody. If an offer for the buy-out comes in, the final decision is always that of the player.
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history