Mascherano informs Barça this season will be his last
According Catalunya Radio, the Argentinian defender has told the club that he will leave at the end of the season.
Javier Mascherano is reportedly playing his final clutch of games in a Barcelona shirt. According to Catalunya Radio, the Argentinian midfielder has officially told the club his intentions to leave at the end of this campaign.
The 33-year-old is under contract until 2019. However, he is believed to be looking for an earlier exit given that he has moved down the pecking order among the current squad of players. Despite the injury he picked up against Celta Vigo on Saturday, Umtiti has become an increasingly important defensive partner for Gerard Piqué and is seen as the future of the club's defensive heart. Mascherano is also keen to give the club as much notice as possible and leave on good terms.
Mascherano joined Barcelona from Liverpool in the summer of 2010 for €24 million euros, winning countless trophies with the Catalan giants, including four league titles and two Champions League winner's medals.
Recommended in English
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers’ net worth?
- NFL Aaron Rodgers calls out Biden's 'fake White House' after vaccine spat
- NFL How and where to watch Bills v Chiefs: Kickoff time, TV channel, live stream
- NFL 49ers 13 vs. 10 Packers summary: Gould FG seals Niners win, stats, and highlights | NFL Playoffs
- NFL Burrow sacked nine times in Bengals win over Titans
- NFL Chiefs Tyreek Hill fined $12K for pom-pom celebration vs Steelers