Eduardo Berizzo discharged from hospital after cancer surgery
The Sevilla manager has been allowed to return home to recuperate after an operation on a prostate adenocarcinoma last Tuesday.
Good news has emerged from the Sánchez Pizjuán after Sevilla confirmed that club manager Eduardo Berizzo has been discharged from hospital after surgery on a malignant prostate cancer last Tuesday. Immediately after the surgery, Sevilla issued a statement saying that the procedure had gone well.
Berizzo could be back before Christmas
On Saturday, as his side were in action against Deportivo, the club released a brief communiqué: “Eduardo Berizzo has been discharged from hospital this Saturday after four days of recuperation after undergoing surgery on Tuesday on the prostate adenocarcinoma he was diagnosed with a few weeks ago. Berizzo will continue his post-operation recovery at home.”
Sevilla’s players paid Berizzo a visit in hospital last Thursday and a day later Ernesto Marcucci, Berizzo’s assistant coach who is in temporary charge of the team, said that the prognosis is extremely positive and that the Sevilla boss could return to first-team duties before Christmas.
Recommended in English
- Coronavirus Is armpit pain after the covid vaccine or booster shot a normal symptom?
- SOCCER Mohamed Salah sends message to Barcelona
- MLS Jesse Marsch linked to LAFC job after being sacked by RB Leipzig
- USMNT Christian Pulisic explains struggle on the road to recovery
- MANCHESTER UNITED Man United manager Rangnick delivers a 'chapeau' to Ronaldo work-rate
- NBA Did the Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo miss the game against Miami Heat?