Allardyce wants Sevilla's Steven N'Zonzi at Everton in January
The French midfielder has fallen out of favour with Berizzo after a row during the Liverpool game and Allardyce is keen to team back up with the Sevilla player.
Steven N'Zonzi's situation at Sevilla continues to roll on to what looks like an inevitable conclusion. The midfielder has fallen out with manager Eduardo Berizzo and his absence from the Sevilla's team in recent weeks has not gone unnoticed in European football. Since the Liverpool draw, in which he was taken off at half-time and questioned the manager's decision, N'Zonzi has been left out of the squad against Deportivo and Villarrel and Sam Allardyce, his former coach, is keen to sign him for Everton in January.
Allardyce and N'Zonzi crossed paths at Blackburn in 2008 and with a price tag in the region of €28 million, the Toffees could be willing and ready to make a move. The French man was wanted by a number of clubs in the summer but remained in Andalusia to start the project with Berizzo after Jorge Sampaoli's departure but the relationship has turned sour.
The 28-year-old is still training with Sevilla but the coaching staff are not even considering him an option in the squad with a trip to Maribor on the cards before a game against a wounded Real Madrid next weekend. Everton have their own problems but signing N'Zonzi, who has been one of the best deep-lying midfielders in Spain in the last couple of years, could certainly be a turning point for the Merseysiders.
Recommended in English
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- BALLON D'OR When did Cristiano Ronaldo win his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats
- NFL Mac Jones continues his case as best rookie QB of the season
- NFL Cam Newton’s dreams of being Panthers savior shattered
- SOCCER 2021 Ballon d'Or awards ceremony: times, TV, how to watch and stream