Simeone: Atlético coach stays in London as squad return to Spain
After Atlético Madrid's Champions League exit, Diego Simeone opted to remain in the UK, with partner Carla Pereyra posting on social media.
Atlético Madrid drew 1-1 with Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday evening, a result that confirmed their elimination from the Champions League and sees Los Rojiblancos drop into the Europa League - a competition in which they have enjoyed success in recent years.
Atlético's head coach, Diego Simeone, was not seeking to deflect responsibility for the LaLiga side's failure to qualify for the last 16, admitting post-match: "We're not looking for excuses; it's down to us that we haven't made it through to the next round."
Simeone opts to enjoy day off in London
After the game, the Atlético squad returned to Madrid, but Simeone opted to stay behind in London - at least for one more day. His partner, Carla Pereyra, today took to social media to post a photo in which she can be seen still enjoying the UK capital, in an image bearing the caption: "London mornings".
Simeone, who has the day off, is expected to be back in Spain tomorrow to begin preparations for Los Colchoneros' LaLiga meeting with Real Betis on Sunday.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game