Mauro Icardi rubbishes claims he wants a move to Real Madrid
The Inter Milan striker has been linked with a move to Real Madrid but he said his intentions are clear and that he wants to win wearing the Inter Milan jersey. Espanyol vs Real Madrid
Mauro Icardi has rubbished claims that he wants to move to Real Madrid and reiterated his desire to be successful at Inter Milan where he is "the captain of a great club". The Argentinian striker has been linked to Real Madrid as they reportedly step up their search for a striker to replace misfiring Karim Benzema with the likes of Timo Werner also linked to los Blancos.
"I am very clear about it, I am good at Milan. Everybody knows it. I love the city, the style of play, I score a lot and I am the captain of a great club, these things are important to me," he said.
"The transfer market stuff is for others to think about. I am just interested in what happens on the field, I only think about doing what I have to do, score goals and help the team," he continued.
There were also rumours swirling around that Icardi had already done the medical at Real Madrid but Icardi responded to that speculation also, "A medical at Real Madrid? That's nonsense. Now is not the time to talk about these things and I am not the one who deals with it either," he continued.
"My intentions, I repeat, are clear. I want to win something with this jersey, when the offers arrive, they will have to talk to Inter," he said.
Recommended in English
- Real Madrid Real Madrid: The reasons behind Gareth Bale's rupture with the club and the fans
- SOCCER Xabi Alonso: "Winning Euro 2008 with Spain shut Carragher up..."
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp cheers world class Mané ahead of Southampton reunion
- NBA | PELICANS Pelicans All-Star Zion Williamson cleared for full team activities
- NBA | SUNS Streaking Suns keeping eyes on NBA prize as record looms
- NBA Curry salutes Klay Thompson after latest Warriors masterclass