Leonard to return for Spurs
Kawhi Leonard will make his season debut when the San Antonio Spurs take on the Dallas Mavericks later Tuesday, coach Gregg Popovich confirmed.
Kawhi Leonard will make his season debut when the San Antonio Spurs take on the Dallas Mavericks later Tuesday, coach Gregg Popovich confirmed. Leonard has not played for the Spurs since game one of the Western Conference finals against the Golden State Warriors, when he suffered a sprained ankle. The 26-year-old has since been sidelined with quadriceps tendinopathy.
Leonard is likely to be eased back into the fray, with his on-court time carefully monitored. 'Kawhi is back tonight,' Popovich told ESPN. 'Any team would like to have one of their best players back. That's fairly logical.' San Antonio are third in the Western Conference on 19-8, behind leaders Houston and the second-place Warriors.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises