Paco Alcácer picks up injury against Depor, will miss el Clásico
The striker was forced off after 21 minutes at Camp Nou and will be on the sidelines for three weeks, meaning he'll miss the trip to Real Madrid.
Paco Alcácer will miss el Clásico on 23 December after picking up a muscular injury in his left leg during Barcelona's comfortable victory over relegation-threatened Deportivo.
Alcácer injured in early stages
The striker hobbled off after 21 minutes and was replaced by Aleix Vidal. It comes as a blow for both Alcácer and his coach, Ernesto Valverde.
After an inauspicious debut season at Barcelona following his transfer from Valencia, Alcácer has become a useful option in attack, scoring three goals in his last six matches in all competitions.
Barcelona confirm extent of injury
Barcelona have released an official statement confirming that Alcácer will be out for three weeks, and will therefore miss the upcoming trip to the Bernabéu.
He will aim to return for the LaLiga match against Levante on 7 January.
Te recomendamos en English
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- MLB Braves vs. Astros commentary, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- NFL Report: Cardinals DE J.J. Watt could miss rest of season
- NFL Who plays Thursday night football?
- NBA Lakers outclassed in Oklahoma in a night of NBA surprises